How to Plant Your Thuja Green Giant Trees
- YOU MUST CUT THE ROOT BAG OFF BEFORE PLANTING!
- Top of root ball must be exposed. If you plant the top of the root ball into your new soil this will most likely kill the tree.
- Dig a hole about 6-10 inches wider and deeper than root ball of your plant.
- Place plant in hole and fill in with soil. A suitable soil mix is potting soil, organic compost and fine mulch.
- Water until soil is saturated; then gently apply pressure around the tree to firm the soil.
- Carefully follow fertilizer instructions below.
- Lightly mulch around the tree.
- Any tree 3-4 feet tall should be staked until trees are established.
Mature Width (ft): 10
Scientific Name: Thuja (standishii x plicata) ‘Green Giant’
Light Needed: Partial to Full
Recommended Spacing: 8 Feet